The Besson 924G Sovereign Series soprano cornet is an absolute winner, surely one of the best cornets to emerge in its generation. After painstaking research and development, this newest member of the Sovereign Series was unveiled at the 2011 British Open Brass Band Championships in Birmingham.
It was the talking point of the event, with its beautiful tone allowing for high singing melodic lines and its ability to respond to players’ needs to ride on top of the band. Its excellent intonation is a revelation for generations of players who have struggled to find the right pitch. The 924G is an absolutely outstanding performer.
- Key : Eb
- Model : Sovereign
- Bore : .460" / 11,68 mm
- Bell : 4.65" hand-hammered gold brass / 118 mm
- Valves : Top sprung hand-lapped Monel pistons
- Waterkeys : 2 lever-style, forged
- Features : Shepherd's crook, 1st valve slide trigger, adjustable 3rd valve slide ring stop
- Accessories : Lyre, micro-fibre cloth, Alliance mpc, valve oil
- Case : Hard wood-shell burgundy form-fitted
- Finish : Clear lacquer finish or silver-plated finish
- Options :
- BE924G-1-0 : Clear lacquer
- BE924G-2-0 : Silver-plated