The Prestige 2051 and 2052 euphoniums feature the main tuning slide trigger system and unique lead pipe design and are the instruments of choice for many of the world’s professional soloists and band players alike. With the creation of the Prestige models, the combination of the redesigned valve group assembly, the new lead pipe, and the adjustable main tuning slide trigger means that the tuning is now totally controllable, giving the musician everything they need to play with perfect intonation in any circumstance, be it with piano, brass, wind band, or orchestra.
Prestige 2051 / 2052
The sheer number of tonal possibilities is immense with you the performer always in control. The 2051 with its slightly smaller bell produces a beautiful sound that takes a little less air to fill, and its compact sound has won it many devotees. The bell size is the only difference between the 2051 and 2052 but at Besson we like to offer the performer choice, so you can find the Prestige euphonium that is just perfect for you. The powerful pedal tones and centred yet clear high tones mark the extremes of this remarkable instrument’s capabilities, yet it is the range of expressive tone in the medium register which is perhaps its most endearing characteristic.
About the BE2052-8G-0 model:
“This new model of the popular Prestige 2052 euphonium is an instrument I have played since the summer of 2018, and it has met with huge and widespread acclaim wherever I have played it and when others have tested it. It’s rich sound, positive and powerful response makes it for me the best Euphonium that I have ever played.
I would invite you to try it!”
Professor Steven Mead
- Key : Bb
- Bore : .590" / 14,98 mm
- Bell : Hand made yellow brass 11" or 12" / 280 mm ou 304 mm
- Valves : 4 compensating valves (3+1) stainless steel
- Waterkeys : 3
- Weight : 10lb 8oz / 4700g
- Features : Removable music lyre, removable water catcher, main tuning slide trigger, left-hand thumb action, gold-plated finger buttons, caps, trigger and waterkeys, special valve springs
- Outfit : Deluxe shaped case with cover, external pouch, Alliance mouthpiece, micro-fiber cleaning cloth, valve oil, set of additional gold plated top and bottom caps, Allen keys
- Finish : Clear lacquer, silver plated or gold lacquer
- Models :
- BE2051-1G-0 : 11" bell, clear lacquer finish
- BE2051-2G-0 : 11" bell, silver plated finish
- BE2052-1G-0 : 12" bell, clear lacquer finish
- BE2052-2G-0 : 12" bell, silver plated finish
- BE2052-8G-0 : 12" bell, gold lacquer finish, free floating leadpipe for more resonance